If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you may be looking at months, or even years, of recovery. If your injuries are severe enough, you may be unable to return to work, leaving you with many questions about compensation and providing for yourself or your family. A Cincinnati motorcycle accident attorney can help you answer questions and figure out the necessary steps to receiving the maximum sum to which you are entitled.
Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Motorcycle Accident Law Firm
Because motorcyclists are so physically vulnerable relative to other drivers, their injuries are often among the worst that we see. Often, these injuries are fatal and result in wrongful death claims against the negligent driver, their insurance carrier, and commercial carriers as well.
Even in less serious cases, these injuries can be permanently disabling and include:
- Soft tissue injuries. These happen when your muscles, ligaments, or tendons are hurt in a crash. Spraining your wrist, for example, is a soft tissue injury. You can incur these without ever leaving your bike.
- Head injury/brain trauma. The possibility of suffering a Traumatic Brain Injury in a motorcycle accident is a very high one. Even if you think you did not sustain a concussion, you should seek evaluation from a medical professional.
- Multiple fractures. In so many collision cases, it’s not a single bone that you break – it’s chipped bones and multiple bone fractures.
- First, second and third-degree burns. Coming into contact with your tailpipe can burn you quite significantly, and very quickly. That is just one of many ways the heat of your bike could burn your skin.
- Back injury. Even just the way you sit on your bike could be injuring your back.
- Neck injury. Whiplash is what we hear about the most, but this is only one variant of the multiple types of neck injuries possible.
- Road rash and external abrasions. That road rash that you wear your leathers to prevent – that is technically an abrasion. The friction of your body sliding on pavement or concrete can lead you to require skin grafts.
- Abdominal trauma. Going into your handlebars can break your ribs and injure many of the organs in your abdomen. These internal injuries can be difficult to diagnose at first, and difficult for doctors to see.
Our attorneys understand how these accidents happen and we work with investigators, accident reconstruction professionals, and medical personnel to help establish your claim as valid in the eyes of the law.
In accidents involving uninsured or underinsured motorists, we look into factors such as whether your helmet functioned properly, the design of the road itself, and whether intoxication played any part in the incident in order to establish evidence of third-party liability that will help towards achieving adequate compensation on your behalf.
Riding a motorcycle already carries with it a burden of danger. A great deal can happen to a person riding a motorcycle, even when that person is doing everything within their power to be safe on the road. Conditions are unpredictable, and the behavior of car and truck drivers is erratic. Distracted driving has become an epidemic in the United States, and you can never truly tell if a motorist is looking at a text. As a motorcycle rider, you need to focus your undivided attention upon your steering and navigation, but car and truck drivers often lack that kind of rigorous concentration. It is a smart protective step to have a lawyer whose expertise is motorcycle accidents. Making that contact now, before you have even had an accident or needed their assistance with a lawsuit, can make anything that may happen to you later both easier and smoother. A preventive step to establish a relationship with a legal professional is a smart move.
To speak with a Cincinnati, Ohio motorcycle accident lawyer about your specific situation, contact us at our downtown law offices to see how we can help you.
AV Rated • Free Initial Consultations
Evening & Weekend Appointments Available
The law firm of Clements, Taylor, Butkovich & Cohen, L.P.A., Co. represents families and individuals in Greater Cincinnati and from throughout southwest Ohio and the Tri-State region with all personal injury claims and motor vehicle accidents along I-70, I-71, and I-75. Communities that we serve include Cincinnati, Loveland, Fairfield, West Chester, Hamilton, Norwood, Colerain, Milford, Middletown, and Batavia.
Clermont County–Hamilton County–Butler County–Warren County