Roadway accidents that involve a commercial vehicle can be especially complex.
These vehicles and their drivers are subject to special rules and safety regulations that ordinary drivers are not subject to. In many cases, there are also a number of different third parties who have a primary interest in keeping their own costs low.
Because of this, prompt action on your part is essential to obtaining the best results. Contact a knowledgeable Cincinnati truck accident attorney before making any statements or conceding anything to the insurance carriers.
Fatal Truck Accident Investigations Wrongful Death Attorneys
The law firm of Clements, Taylor, Butkovich & Cohen, L.P.A., Co. represents families and individuals who have been seriously injured or killed in accidents involving a commercial vehicle throughout the Tri-State area of southwest Ohio. We understand both the devastating physical effects and the tremendous personal turmoil that these trucking injury incidents have and exhaust all avenues of investigation in pursuing full and fair compensation on behalf of our clients.
We pursue vehicle accident claims that involve:
- Head-on collision cases
- Semi-truck rollover incidents
- Big rig/tractor-trailer jackknifes
- Road construction/dump truck accidents
- Locomotive cases
- Passenger injury, head injury, neck injury, back injury, and wrongful death
Our experienced truck wreck attorneys can begin to help you immediately and file claims on your behalf for medical bills, loss of wages, and for pain and suffering. Life’s demands will not wait for you to recover and you don’t have to wait either.
Why are Tractor-Trailers So Dangerous?
11% of all roadway fatalities in 2019 were due to semi-trailer accidents. Here are some of the main reasons that these tractor-trailers are so susceptible to deadly crashes:
- Their size. These tractor-trailers can weigh up to 80,000 pounds each when they are fully loaded. Most cars weigh less than 4,000 pounds.
- Their limited brakes. They require 40% more distance and more time to come to a complete stop.
- Their blind spots. Given their excessive length, their view behind the driver is extremely limited compared to that of a car.
- Their high center of gravity. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, about 68 percent of the fatalities in truck accidents are the passengers of cars they come into contact with. A car can easily slide under a truck.
- Their cargo. One of these trucks may carry thousands of pounds as their load. If it was loaded wrong, or if the cargo was not secured correctly, it can shift while the truck is moving. This makes the truck much harder to control. It also makes the truck more likely to jackknife.
Contact a skilled Ohio tractor-trailer accident lawyer today to protect your interests.
AV Rated • Free Initial Consultations
Evening & Weekend Appointments Available
The law firm of Clements, Taylor, Butkovich & Cohen, L.P.A., Co. represents families and individuals in Greater Cincinnati and from throughout southwest Ohio and the Tri-State region with all personal injury claims and motor vehicle accidents along I-70, I-71, and I-75. Communities that we serve include Cincinnati, Loveland, Fairfield, West Chester, Hamilton, Norwood, Colerain, Milford, Middletown, and Batavia.
Clermont County–Hamilton County–Butler County–Warren County