If your injury or illness was the result of a mishap at your workplace, you are entitled to receive benefits to cover the costs involved. The Cincinnati attorneys at the law firm of Clements, Taylor, Butkovich & Cohen, L.P.A., Co. are skilled in the area of workers compensation, and will handle your claim with efficiency and accuracy.
There are a few steps that must be taken immediately after you either suffered your workplace injury or learned that your illness was work related and they are:
- Notify your employer immediately
- Visit a physician if you have not been rushed to a hospital emergency room
- Keep all paperwork you receive from a hospital or physician’s office
- Attempt to save any evidence related to your injury or illness
- Take photos if possible; ask a co-worker to help you if you are unable to do it
- Obtain contact information of possible witnesses
- Fill out workers compensation claim forms your employer should have available for you
- Provide medical documentation of your injury or illness to your employer; save copies for your records
- Most importantly, consult with a qualified workers compensation attorney
Your work accident lawyer will examine the specifics of your claim and advise you if your claim is worthy of being approved by the insurance company who carries your employer’s workers compensation insurance, or your employer if they carry their own insurance coverage. Once your claim is approved, your weekly benefit checks will be made directly to you. Sometimes there are glitches in the system where your checks stop before the claim time frame has ended. Your attorney, experienced in these types of situations, will work with the insurance carrier to straighten it out.
The workers compensation attorneys practicing at the Cincinnati law firm of Clements, Taylor, Butkovich & Cohen, L.P.A., Co. are dedicated to protecting your rights under the law and will work tirelessly on your behalf if you have been injured at your workplace.
Call us today at 513.721.6500 to schedule your initial consultation, or complete our quick contact web form.
We welcome the opportunity to put our skills and dedication to work for you.