Experienced Ohio attorneys representing your best interests
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or actions, you have a personal injury claim. Personal injury claims arise in a variety of situations, such as car, truck and motorcycle accidents, slip and fall cases, dog bites and personal injury caused by defective products. The personal injury attorneys at Clements, Taylor, Butkovich & Cohen, L.P.A., Co. assist you in evaluating your case and relieve some of the pressure you feel after being injured in an accident by taking care of legal matters on your behalf.
What should I do after an accident?
After being in an accident, people usually ask, “Do I need a lawyer for a personal injury claim?” The answer is often yes. It’s in your best interests to meet with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
At Clements, Taylor, Butkovich & Cohen, L.P.A., Co., we handle and prepare your personal injury claim, draft an initial demand letter for compensation, deal with insurance companies and file a lawsuit, if necessary. We also preserve your rights by filing suit before the statute of limitations runs out. We work hard to earn your trust because we care about your well-being.
Gather evidence and documentation to support your personal injury claim
When you are in an accident, it is often difficult to think straight and take steps to gather and preserve evidence that may support your personal injury claim. Still, you should do your best, if you’re physically able, to take photos of the accident scene. Also, make sure to keep copies of all documentation that relates to your claim in the days that follow, such as medical bills and anything that proves your injury caused you to lose wages or income.
What will happen during my personal injury case?
If you hire an attorney, the basic steps your personal injury case will include:
- Case evaluation — Your attorney gathers and reviews facts, doctor’s opinions and other information about your claim.
- Early settlement discussions — These occur only when appropriate.
- Discovery and depositions — Your attorney and the attorney for the defendant will exchange and disclose facts, witness lists and documents. You and other witnesses will answer written and oral questions under oath.
- Pretrial motions — Attorneys for both sides may file motions to narrow the issues at trial, object to evidence or request dismissal of your case.
- Mediation and settlement — Your attorney will discuss the issues and evidence in a settlement conference, mediation or arbitration to see if your case can be resolved prior to trial.
- Trial — The trial of a personal injury claim can last days or weeks, but both sides can also file appeals and motions after the jury reaches its verdict.
Each step listed above may require months of effort, and several steps can take a year or more, depending on the nature of your accident or injuries. At Clements, Taylor & Cohen, L.P.A., Co., we know it’s important to keep you informed about the progress and status of your case. We work diligently to reach a conclusion that is satisfactory to you.
Contact one of our diligent personal injury attorneys in Cincinnati, OH
At Clements, Taylor, Butkovich & Cohen, L.P.A., Co., we offer a free initial consultation if you are injured in an accident or have suffered from the wrongful death of a loved one and need capable legal representation. You can reach us at our toll-free number 513.721.6500 or online.